Laser Hair Removal is one of our most popular treatments at Dermalaser Medical Skin & Laser Clinic. Not too long ago we upgraded our hair removal laser to the latest model of one of the world’s best hair removal lasers, the Candela Alexandrite Laser and Nd:YAG. This laser was specially selected by our three Dermatologists for its up to date technology in being able to treat darker skin types and because it generally needs less treatments than some other conventional hair removal lasers like IPL. Laser hair removal works best on those with a lighter skin and darker hair but with our advanced laser hair removal technology, we are now also able to treat darker skins.
Unwanted hair is found all over the body but the most common areas are the legs, arms, back, armpits, bikini line, neck, upper lip and chin. You can safely reduce the dark hair in all these areas quite considerably leaving the skin silky smooth and ready for summer!
The treatment works by using laser energy which targets and destroys the hair follicles in the growing phase, slowly reducing the amount of hair after just a few treatments.
After an initial treatment, another appointment is scheduled to coincide with the next hair growth phase. There is no such thing as permanent hair removal, only permanent hair reduction, although some clients do report that their hair does not grow back but this varies from person to person.
Reasons for Laser Hair Removal:
- Many people struggle with ingrown hairs and this can be very painful and they can become infected.
- Often men with darker skins and short curly hair on their jawline are prone to a condition called Pseudofolliculitis – this occurs when they shave and the hair curls back into the follicle causing inflammation and possible infection. This can also occur in the bikini line area with pubic hair.
- Many people find dark hair on the exposed parts of their body embarrassing.
- No razor burns or cuts which can look unsightly and with any wound there is always a risk of infection. Women often put off shaving their legs as they don’t want nicks and cuts.
- Saves money in the long run as you do not have to buy expensive razors, blades and shaving cream. It also saves on waxing which is another cost and also painful.
- In our hectically busy lives it saves time not having to shave daily or a couple of times a week.
There are a few tips that you need to take into consideration before your treatment:
- Your skin needs to be untanned and as light in colour as possible for the optimum results. That is why now is the time to start your treatments.
- This means staying out of the sun – no tanning or tanning beds (this should be a no-no anyway as they can cause skin cancer)
- Do not use any self-tanning products – self-applied or booth sprayed for at least a month before a treatment – they contain ingredients that may cause reactions when used with a laser treatment.
- Do not wax or pluck the hair in that area for at least two to four weeks.
- Use bland products to minimise any active ingredient reactions or inflammation a few days before your treatment.
- Shave before you have your laser hair removal treatment so the laser energy is not wasted on a long shaft of hair but rather on the hair left in the follicle.
- Do not use any moisturizing products or lotion on the area after shaving or before your treatments.
With summer coming and more skin exposed, now is the time to schedule your laser hair removal treatments.
For more information, please click this link on our website Alexandrite Laser ND:Yag or you can make an appointment for an assessment and to ask any questions you may have.
Dermalaser: 021 -852 8709 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org