MOSAIC® FRACTIONAL LASER
The Mosaic Fractional Laser is the latest state-of-the-art fractional non-ablative laser with exclusive patented techniques that work by delivering multiple deep rays of randomized microscopic laser beams to the skin. It is an Erbium Glass Laser with a wavelength of 1550nm that produces deep rejuvenation with noticeable clinical improvements with minimal downtime.
Previous ablative lasers would vaporize the whole top layer of your skin, leaving a raw painful area that could cause infections if not cared for correctly. The Mosaic® penetrates down to the reticular dermis (deep dermis) without damaging the surrounding tissues. Deep laser beams heat up and remodel the collagen and this results in skin tightening with a natural look and uniform skin rejuvenation on the face, neck and chest. The skin’s uppermost layers act as a protective dressing so healing time is reduced. It is considered a very safe procedure if the treatment is done by a trained professional.
The Mosaic® laser delivers excellent results and there will be a noticeable improvement immediately after each treatment which will continue over the coming months as collagen regeneration takes place. The skin will look brighter, be tighter, and result in fresh, rejuvenated more youthful skin.
- Wrinkles and Skin Laxity
- Sun-damaged Skin
- Large pores
- Rough skin
- Pigmented Lesions
- Melasma, age spots, Dyschromia
- Uneven Skin Tone
- Rejuvenation of Non-Facial Areas
- Neck, chest and hands, etc.
Reduction of Scarring
- Acne scars
- Surgical scars
- Trauma scars
- Burn scars
- Striae (Stretch Marks
What is special about Mosaic Total Skin Regeneration?
Mosaic® has the ability to deliver substantial improvements while leaving the skin’s outermost layer unaffected. The laser causes inflammation beneath the skin that stimulates natural collagen remodeling without significant downtime and risks. You will be able to resume your daily activities and can cover any redness with a special post-treatment cover make-up or a tinted sunblock. Your Dermatologist will advise you about this.
What will I feel during the treatment?
The treatment is performed with the use of local anesthetic cream and the pain is minimal. It takes approximately forty-five minutes to perform a full-face treatment. Afterward the treatment the skin will look pink rather like sunburn and there may be some mild to moderate swelling for a day or two but this can vary from person to person. The Mosaic® Fractional laser is one of the safest and most reliable resurfacing laser systems available if the laser treatment is performed by a trained professional.
What can I expect from this treatment?
After a single Mosaic® Skin Regeneration procedure your skin will have a brighter skin tone, improved skin elasticity and it will feel rejuvenated as the treatment triggers new collagen. After three to four treatments, your skin will become tighter and scars will improve or disappear altogether. Other benefits include smoother skin texture, reduction of wrinkles, and reduced pore size. This laser treatment provides deep skin rejuvenation.
How many treatments would I need to see meaningful changes in my skin?
You will see an improvement after one treatment but on average a patient would require at least three to six treatments spaced approximately four to six weeks apart for the best results. The number of treatments will also depend on the condition of the skin to be treated. Your Dermatologist will do an assessment of your skin as the treatment progresses to assess if you need more or less than the initially recommended number of treatments.
How long will it last?
The greatest benefit of having a Mosaic® Fractional Laser treatment is that collagen and dermal elastin fibres are constantly being regenerated and skin quality will continue to improve for months after treatment. It is advisable to come in for a maintenance treatment once or twice a year or as required but this is entirely up to the patient.
Pre Treatment Guidelines
- If you are using any skin care products containing Retin-A, Hydroquinone, or Glycolic Acid, you will want to stop using them 3 days before your treatment. You may resume their use 5 days hours after treatment.
- Skin that has been overexposed to the sun and sunburned should not be treated.
- Botox and Fillers – wait one month before or after Mosaic treatment
Prone to Fever Blisters:
If you’ve ever had a fever-blister before please notify your doctor beforehand.
A prescription for the prevention of fever blisters will be given at your request, from our doctors.
Medication to prevent fever blisters must be taken 24 hours before treatment.
Consent from your Doctor MUST be given to stop all inflammatory tablets if using any.
Post Treatment Guidelines
- Immediately after your treatment, your skin will feel like it is sunburnt. After applying cold packs you will leave the clinic with a soothing cream and sunscreen applied to the treated areas. Continue icing the treated areas for 10 minutes every hour if possible.
- Swelling can occur for 2-5 days after treatment. On day 2 or 3 the skin may have a dark (bronze appearance) and feel rough due to epidermal debris.
- Moisturize the skin several times a day with a post-treatment moisturizer as this will help to reduce swelling and redness. Epidermal debris will peel efficiently and more naturally. It is important to avoid skin products containing fragrance and active ingredients (Vitamin A, Fruit Acids like Glyocolic Acid, etc.)
- While redness remains, avoid heavy drinking, saunas and exercise.
- Healing time varies from person to person. You should see an improvement in your skin texture shortly after the first treatment. Fine and deeper lines can improve but will take longer. The fibroblast in the dermis of your skin will begin to build new collagen over the next 3-6 months. Abnormal colour and uneven skin tones will improve with each treatment.
- The interval between treatments can vary from 3/6 weeks, depending on the condition of your skin. Spacing treatments further apart will not diminish the results.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days after treatment. Use of a sunblock is very important when going about your day-to-day routines and it should be applied twice a day throughout the course of treatments.
- Sunblock should be reapplied regularly after treatment if you are required to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time to avoid pigmentation in the treated area.
MOSAIC® FRACTIONAL LASER
Medical Skin & Laser Clinic
DISCOVER DERMALASER TREATMENTS & PRODUCTS
» Treatment Guide
» Price List
» Laser Treatments
» Skin Treatments
» Our Products
» Our Medical Specialists
+27 21 852 8709
31 Bright Street
Somerset West, 7130
CONNECT WITH US