ACLEARA ACNE CLEARING THERAPY SYSTEM
Acleara Acne Clearing Therapy is a new breakthrough acne treatment that combines gentle vacuum therapy with pulses of specially-filtered light to help clear your pores and treat acne outbreaks and it helps to control acne-causing bacteria on the skin. Acleara is approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to treat a wide range of acne in all skin types.
It is a perfectly safe and effective treatment if performed by a trained laser therapist. It can be used with or without conventional acne therapy such as antibiotics, oral contraceptives, and Roaccutane, as well as a topical therapy.
You have mild to moderate acne (Acne Vulgaris) and you want to keep it under control without any other treatment.
You want treatment before antibiotics, hormonal therapy, or Isotretinoin take effect.
Your skin is oily and/or you have large pores
Over-the-counter acne medications just do not work for you.
You choose to avoid systemic treatments for acne such as oral antibiotics, hormone therapy, or Isotretinoin.
Your acne does not respond to systemic treatments or other topical treatments.
You want to avoid the side effects associated with prescription medication
Previous acne laser treatments have been too painful and not very effective.
How does the Acleara Work?
Acleara combines two common acne treatment methods. First, vacuum therapy opens and lifts the sebaceous glands and clears many of the blackheads. Next, light is used to destroy the bacteria, reduce the production of sebum in the sebaceous glands.
Does the treatment hurt?
Acleara does not require any anesthetic beforehand. Most people feel no discomfort during the treatment and only require sunscreen post-treatment although if required a soothing gel can be applied. Some people experience a mild sunburn-like sensation that can last between 2 and 24 hours. Your doctor or laser therapist will discuss post-treatment care with you to minimize any discomfort. You can resume activities immediately as the treatments are well-tolerated.
How long does each Acleara session last?
A Neostrata 20% Glycolic Peel will be performed before your first Acleara treatment as part of your initial treatment to enhance the treatment of the Acleara Acne Therapy – the first treatment is approximately half an hour and thereafter each session is about 10 and 15 minutes.
Who is a good candidate for Acleara?
Nearly anyone with mild to moderate acne is a candidate for Acleara. Due to its gentle nature, Acleara can even be used on teenagers and also adults suffering from adult acne.
What visible results will I see after my Acleara treatments?
Acleara noticeably reduces acne after the first treatment session and provides the most visible results after the third treatment session. In addition to clearing acne and oiliness on the skin, Acleara reduces pores and improves overall skin texture and because it has some IPL benefits, it does give the skin some photorejuvenation. Your skin will feel refreshed and clean after a treatment as the pores are cleared of oil, dead skin cells, and bacteria.
How many treatments will I require?
For the best results we recommend the following treatments for optimum benefit:
- Four treatments spaced one week apart
- Every second week for a month.
- As required thereafter to control the acne.
Your Dermatologist or Therapist can provide you with more information on whether the Acleara Acne Therapy is the right treatment for you. As this treatment is only indicated for mild to moderate acne you will need to discuss this treatment with your Dermatologist or doctor if you have
Pre Treatment Guidelines
- Minimize sun exposure, use of self-tanning products, sunless tanning beds, and spray tans before treatment.
- If you have a history of recurrent herpes 1 or 2 (cold sore or fever blisters) please pre-treat with an anti-viral medication. Speak to your doctor or laser therapist.
- No tanning in the area requiring treatment.
Post Treatment Guidelines
- You may immediately notice that your skin is drier, less oily, and feels fresher after treatment.
- Current acne outbreaks usually will begin to clear up within the next two days
- Typically most people experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation after treatment, possibly accompanied by some minor swelling or bruising but this usually only lasts 2 to 24 hours.
- Your skin will not be clear immediately after one session but there is an immediate improvement in the condition of your skin after each session.
- Acleara can be used with any of your current acne medication, oral as well as topical.
- Avoid sun exposure for a few days after treatment. Use of a sunblock is very important when going about your day-to-day routines and it should be applied twice a day throughout the course of treatments.
- Sunblock should be reapplied regularly after treatment if you are required to be outdoors for prolonged periods of time to avoid pigmentation in the treated area.
ACLEARA ACNE THERAPY SYSTEM
Medical Skin & Laser Clinic
DISCOVER DERMALASER TREATMENTS & PRODUCTS
» Treatment Guide
» Price List
» Laser Treatments
» Skin Treatments
» Our Products
» Our Medical Specialists
+27 21 852 8709
31 Bright Street
Somerset West, 7130
CONNECT WITH US