This is what our Dermatologists at Dermalaser Medical Skin & Laser Clinic have to say about our unique acne treatment:
The Acleara/Theraclear Acne Clearing System is a specialised, breakthrough treatment used to treat acne vulgaris. It can be safely used to treat different varieties of acne including comedonal and inflammatory, pustular acne.
It is a unique device as it combines a vacuum suction together with pulses of specially-filtered broadband light to reduce oil, decongest pores and treat acne outbreaks. It removes blackheads and whiteheads, is anti-inflammatory, reducing redness and inflammation and it helps to kill P.acnes, the bacteria that causes inflammatory acne.
There are a variety of reasons why this treatment is so popular:
• It can be used as an adjunctive therapy for those on a course of Isotretinoin.
• It is Ideal for those people who are not keen on hormonal treatment, oral antibiotics or Isotretinoin.
• It can be safely performed during pregnancy or lactation when traditional topical acne preparations such as Retinol or Isotretinoin cannot be used.
• It provides physical and emotional comfort, helping to reduce the psychological stress associated with those who are struggling with acne.
• The acne treatment can be claimed from your medical aid.
Treatments are generally easy and straightforward with little or no discomfort and you can return to work, studies or resume your normal activities immediately. The whole face or only affected areas can be treated. No anaesthetic or anaesthetic gels are required.
After a treatment, the skin is more dry with less oil and feels fresher and deeply cleansed. People with acne often have the desire to scrub their skin clean which only makes the acne worse but with the acne clearing system, the gentle vacuum technology cleansers the skin making it more comfortable and helps to reduce the desire to scrub the skin. Current acne outbreaks will usually clear up over the next two days post- treatment.
Some people may experience a mild, sunburn-like sensation or even some minor swelling following a treatment but this is not common and our experienced laser therapists will be discuss any possible side-effects and how to minimize them and also your post-treatment care.
The number of treatments required will depend on your individual condition and multiple treatments may be required but our laser therapists will discuss this with you during a free assessment session before any treatments are performed.
For any further Q&A on this treatment, please click: Acleara Acne Clearing System
or call us on +27 21 852 8709